Antony Phillipson was announced as Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner (HMTC) for North America in February 2018. He became Her Majesty’s Consul General in New York in November 2017.
Antony joined the Civil Service in 1993.
He has held a number of posts in Her Majesty’s Government.
Previous roles include:
- Principal Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry
- Counsellor at the Embassy in Washington
- Prime Minister’s Private Secretary for Foreign Affairs
- Head of the FCO Iran Coordination Group
- High Commissioner to Singapore
- Director (EU External), European and Global Issues Secretariat, Cabinet Office
- Director of Trade and Partnerships in the Department for Exiting the European Union (DexEU)
Antony has a degree in modern history from the University of Oxford.